The EEOC has sued Princeton Hospital, alleging that its leave-of-absence policy violates the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act. The hospital requires employees to return to work within seven days after their FMLA leave expires, regardless of whether they are disabled. The suit alleges that the hospital refused to allow additional leave as an accommodation in violation of the law.
- Curb unscheduled absences with work/Life perks
- Make sure supervisors can back up their promotion decisions
- When contracting with temp or payroll services, make sure it's clear who the real employer is
- Can you deduct overtime from bank of FMLA hours?
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting