A recent LinkedIn HR group discussion posed this question: “In one word, what would you like to show/teach new employees on their first day of work?”
Of the more than 1,500 comments, here are 25 of the most popular: Vision, punctuality, culture, integrity, realistic, loyalty,, expectations, multitasking, humility, patience, optimism, commitment, accountability, efficiency, listen, organized, enthusiasm, honesty, respect, safety, quality, reassurance, transparency and enjoy.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use BLS survey data to show employees the value of benefits
- Boss put foot in mouth? Consider settling—and protecting against future suits
- Tennis coach's firing serves up lesson in employee discipline
- Court ruling may discourage jobs for the financially troubled