Since January 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have audited more than 3,200 employers suspected of hiring undocumented workers, which ICE says is more than the total amount of audits during the entire Bush administration. ICE has levied more than $50 million in fines against employers since 2009.
For more on the increased enforcement and last year’s Form I-9 revision, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/ice.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Supreme Court rules on pre-employment tests and disparate impact
- Arizona immigration law struck down: What it means
- Make sure application & interview questions don't pry into health history
- Experience isn't the only valid job qualification