Since January 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have audited more than 3,200 employers suspected of hiring undocumented workers, which ICE says is more than the total amount of audits during the entire Bush administration. ICE has levied more than $50 million in fines against employers since 2009.
For more on the increased enforcement and last year’s Form I-9 revision, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/ice.
- Rethink noncompete contracts after big Supreme Court ruling
- Are we liable for wages we didn't pay while employee was waiting for drug test results?
- No individual liability under Texas Whistleblower Act or Labor Code
- Managers' e-Mails give life to pregnancy case
- Dunkin' Donuts sues own franchisees for hiring illegals