Since January 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have audited more than 3,200 employers suspected of hiring undocumented workers, which ICE says is more than the total amount of audits during the entire Bush administration. ICE has levied more than $50 million in fines against employers since 2009.
For more on the increased enforcement and last year’s Form I-9 revision, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/ice.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What are provisions of Illinois' new tax incentives to hire veterans?
- Consider ADA, discrimination, validity issues when using personality tests
- New religious discrimination legislation expands NJLAD
- 'You Won't Work Sundays?!' EEOC Offers Guidance on Religious Accommodations