Since January 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have audited more than 3,200 employers suspected of hiring undocumented workers, which ICE says is more than the total amount of audits during the entire Bush administration. ICE has levied more than $50 million in fines against employers since 2009.
For more on the increased enforcement and last year’s Form I-9 revision, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/ice.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Even if jobs seem quite similar, feel free to use different hiring criteria
- Hiring managers aren't doctors! Don't let them turn away disabled applicants
- Hiring licensed applicants? Check for violations that revoke the license
- Supreme Court upholds mandatory E-Verify in Arizona case