Since January 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have audited more than 3,200 employers suspected of hiring undocumented workers, which ICE says is more than the total amount of audits during the entire Bush administration. ICE has levied more than $50 million in fines against employers since 2009.
For more on the increased enforcement and last year’s Form I-9 revision, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/ice.
- What is Philadelphia's law on requesting info on applicants' criminal records?
- Guard against retaliation claims by documenting timing of every step in the hiring process
- Questionable staffing moves toss transit CEO from driver's seat
- Find a good HR headhunter by asking the right questions
- Should you try to win over job candidate's parents, too?