Since January 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have audited more than 3,200 employers suspected of hiring undocumented workers, which ICE says is more than the total amount of audits during the entire Bush administration. ICE has levied more than $50 million in fines against employers since 2009.
For more on the increased enforcement and last year’s Form I-9 revision, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/ice.
- Minority decision-Maker doesn't prevent promotion bias
- Marion veterans hospital to pay for hiring lethal doctor
- Hiring managers aren't doctors! Don't let them turn away disabled applicants
- Inconsistent hiring sinks your defense
- Be prepared to show business necessity if hiring rule excludes members of protected class