Since January 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have audited more than 3,200 employers suspected of hiring undocumented workers, which ICE says is more than the total amount of audits during the entire Bush administration. ICE has levied more than $50 million in fines against employers since 2009.
For more on the increased enforcement and last year’s Form I-9 revision, go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/ice.
- Take the first step toward your 2005 promotion
- Supreme Court makes it harder for employees to win age-bias lawsuits
- Job background check must comply with Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Handling new hires or promotions from within, document every step of interview process
- Know 6 factors that determine independent contractor status