For the first time, troubles related to housing and moving are the most popular subject of employees’ calls to, says EAP provider ComPsych.
An analysis of 25,000 calls in the first six months of 2010 says 41% were related to housing, many concerning foreclosures. Child care, which has always topped the list, declined to 32% of calls.
- Remind employees: Honesty required when applying for health insurance benefits
- Illinois Unemployment Insurance Act
- Solidify an independent contractor's status by proving he turned down employee job offer
- Employee is covered under ADA if you perceive him to be disabled
- U.S. Supreme Court gives green light to 401(k) lawsuit