1. What do HR professionals say is the main barrier to implementing the health care reform law in their organizations?
a. Lack of understanding the details of the law
b. Cost of implementation
c. Employee out-of-pocket costs
2. Employers must retain a Form I-9 for each employee for:
a. A least one year after the date of hire or three years after employment is terminated, whichever is later
b. At least three years after the date of hire or one year after employment is terminated, whichever is later.
c. At least three years
3. Federal employees can take up to 24 hours of leave without pay each year for children’s school activities, elder care or routine medical needs. In September, the government extended that policy to:
a. Military members
b. Employees of companies that hold federal contracts of at least $1 million
c. Allow federal workers to meet the needs of their same-sex domestic partners or partner’s children
4. What are the top three professions, in order, who say they need coffee to get through the workday?
a. Engineers, nurses, restaurant workers
b. Nurses, physicians, hotel workers
c. Physicians, teachers, HR professionals
5. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security last month announced a 10% increase in:
a. Immigration visa and filing fees for employers
b. Form I-9 paperwork for employers
c. Worksite I-9s audits in 2011
6. Most employers base pay raises on merit. What percentage of U.S. employers raise employee salaries across-the-board based on COLAs (cost of living adjustments)?
a. 36% b. 21% c. 11%
Sources: 1. Society for Human Resource; 2. USCIS.gov; 3. U.S. Office of Personnel Management; 4. CareerBuilder survey; 5. Department of Homeland Security; 6. WorldatWork survey.
Answers: 1. a 2. b 3. c 4. b 5. a 6. c
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12740/the-hr-iq-test-november-10 "