doesn’t have to be personal. Here are nine ideas for cutting taxes that are “strictly business.” Consider the following techniques for calendar-year companies.
1. Upgrade your equipment
The new small business law provides a double-barreled tax incentive for business owners in 2010.
Strategy: Buy equipment and software before Jan. 1. Under the new law, you can cash in an enhancedfor 2010 for both new and used equipment and software, plus a 50% “bonus depreciation” deduction for new (not used) equipment and software. So there’s more tax reason to acquire qualified business assets this year.
Prior to the law change, the maximum (register to read more)deduction for tax years beginning in 2010 was $250,000, subject to a dollar-for-dollar phaseout for purchases above $800,000. The new law doubles the maximum deduction to $500,000 for tax years beginning in 2010 and 2011, while also hiking the pha...
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Plant owners—And managers—Charged with employing illegals
- Steer around depreciation tax limits for vehicles
- Collect big tax savings from first-year depreciation ...
- You don't have to ignore harmful effect of absences