Q. One of our employees is on leave after giving birth. She may qualify for a position that recently opened up. Do we have an obligation to notify her of that opening? —R.D., Ohio
A. No federal employment law requires you to notify an employee on leave of a job opening. Just make sure you're consistent. If you notify some on-leave employees about job openings but not others, you're asking for trouble. For example, if you notify employees who are on disability leave but not those on , you'd likely violate the .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Call your attorney ASAP when employee complaints involve union representation
- Play ball! But prevent legal risks at company activities
- Post injury/illness summary until April 30 this year
- States become key battleground in the minimum wage fight