Q. One of our employees is on leave after giving birth. She may qualify for a position that recently opened up. Do we have an obligation to notify her of that opening? —R.D., Ohio
A. No federal employment law requires you to notify an employee on leave of a job opening. Just make sure you're consistent. If you notify some on-leave employees about job openings but not others, you're asking for trouble. For example, if you notify employees who are on disability leave but not those on , you'd likely violate the .
- Employee returning from injury leave? Don't treat her with 'kid gloves'
- Michigan Workers' Disability Compensation Act
- How to Create Ergonomic Office Workstations
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act doesn't require accommodation of pregnancy complications
- Vague 'unfairness' complaints aren't protected activity