Q. One of our employees is on leave after giving birth. She may qualify for a position that recently opened up. Do we have an obligation to notify her of that opening? —R.D., Ohio
A. No federal employment law requires you to notify an employee on leave of a job opening. Just make sure you're consistent. If you notify some on-leave employees about job openings but not others, you're asking for trouble. For example, if you notify employees who are on disability leave but not those on , you'd likely violate the .
- Analysis: Supreme Court's landmark health care reform decision
- Commonwealth Court rules against Berks County Prison
- The one-person HR office: Solutions to 4 key problems
- Do you have employees covered by USERRA? Warning: You could be personally liable for bias
- Can we request applicants' Facebook passwords?