HR managers were asked, “Which of the following is your greatest staffing concern as a human resources professional?” Their responses:
- Training and developing employees: 45%
- Retaining top-performing employees: 27%
- Recruiting new employees: 23%
- None/doesn’t apply: 5%
“As workers take on expanded responsibilities, it becomes more important for companies to offer professional development to help their teams keep up,” says OfficeTeam executive director Robert Hosking.
“Training programs boost job satisfaction for employees by enabling them to build new skills and take on more challenging roles.”
Survey Source: OfficeTeam
- Are there special California rules that dictate how we use employment applications?
- The innocent question that could land you in court: When did you graduate?
- HR lessons from unusual places: Put on your leadership shoes!
- Feel free to discipline or fire if it's warranted -- regardless of employee's FMLA status
- Gore employees use video to attract new workers