HR managers were asked, “Which of the following is your greatest staffing concern as a human resources professional?” Their responses:
- Training and developing employees: 45%
- Retaining top-performing employees: 27%
- Recruiting new employees: 23%
- None/doesn’t apply: 5%
“As workers take on expanded responsibilities, it becomes more important for companies to offer professional development to help their teams keep up,” says OfficeTeam executive director Robert Hosking.
“Training programs boost job satisfaction for employees by enabling them to build new skills and take on more challenging roles.”
Survey Source: OfficeTeam
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Make it one of HR's goals: Ensure everyone gets training on harassment
- Workplace violence: Recognizing the threats, reducing the danger
- Supreme Court's Ledbetter decision could affect your pay policies
- Social media at work: Necessary, annoying or both?