HR managers were asked, “Which of the following is your greatest staffing concern as a human resources professional?” Their responses:
- Training and developing employees: 45%
- Retaining top-performing employees: 27%
- Recruiting new employees: 23%
- None/doesn’t apply: 5%
“As workers take on expanded responsibilities, it becomes more important for companies to offer professional development to help their teams keep up,” says OfficeTeam executive director Robert Hosking.
“Training programs boost job satisfaction for employees by enabling them to build new skills and take on more challenging roles.”
Survey Source: OfficeTeam
- Bloomberg, court lock horns over firefighter hiring
- The prodigal employee: Should you let staff 'unresign'?
- Think you know enough about sexual harassment? OK, test yourself
- Erase ideas of 'implied contract' with repeated at-will statements
- Put it in writing! Tracking discipline proves equal treatment for all