What’s more important: technical skills or soft skills?
New research by Rightshows organizations prefer employees who are a good motivational fit with the team and the organization’s culture. HR pros say that interpersonal behaviors and organizational fit are bigger factors than technical skills or experience.
“The data prove that you could have the most impressive résumé in the world, but if you can’t get along with your co-workers and perform well under pressure and in a way that the organization considers meaningful, it won’t matter,” writes Wall Street Journal columnist Alexandra Levit, on her blog “Water Cooler Wisdom.”
- Trouble-free terminations: 5 smart strategies for managers
- Serial sexual harasser on the loose? Get ready for big trial—and possibly huge judgment
- Worried about a new hire? 'Salvage operation' tips
- Do You Suspect a Fraudster?
- What can we tell co-workers about a new employee's sex change and transgender status?