What’s more important: technical skills or soft skills?
New research by Rightshows organizations prefer employees who are a good motivational fit with the team and the organization’s culture. HR pros say that interpersonal behaviors and organizational fit are bigger factors than technical skills or experience.
“The data prove that you could have the most impressive résumé in the world, but if you can’t get along with your co-workers and perform well under pressure and in a way that the organization considers meaningful, it won’t matter,” writes Wall Street Journal columnist Alexandra Levit, on her blog “Water Cooler Wisdom.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Online discussions increase company communications, liability
- 3 former female execs sue Goldman Sachs
- From crayons to water guns: Liven up boring meetings
- Innovative benefits management: 3 examples