Desperate times mean job-seekers are resorting to desperate measures to make their résumés stand out in a crowd. CareerBuilder.com recently asked HR pros to share recent résumé goofs they’ve encountered. As you sift through that growing stack of résumés, watch out for the applicant who:
- Listed God as a reference
- Claimed to be a direct descendant of Vikings
- Made it clear he was “not a gypsy”
- Touted experience as “Master of Time and Universe”
- Began an application by asking, “Do you want a tiger?”
- Noted he had to bring his pet monkey to work
- Ominously proclaimed, “I'll have your job in five years!”
- Needed a 24-page résumé to highlight a five-year career
- Put a picture of her cat on top of her résumé
- Asked to be contacted at an e-mail address with the handle “lovesbeer.”
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12612/watch-out-these-people-are-looking-for-work "