What's an employer to do when the documents an employee presents to prove work eligibility don't match up? Employment law attorney Nancy Delogu guides you through the process of determining where employer responsibilities stop and employee responsibilities start. Subscribers to the HR Specialist Premium Plus service can tap Delogu's expertise weekly, through the web site's members-only "Ask the Attorney" service.
Q. We have a new employee that provided a state-issued ID and a Social Security card as forms of identification for his I-9 Form. The employee’s middle initial on the S.S. card does not match the middle name on the state ID. I have had no luck contacting any one at
A. Ensuring that new hires provide valid documentation to complete Fo...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Want a script that will land you in court every time?
- When figuring time worked, you must round in employee's favor
- What's an ADA disability?.... And nine more questions you'd better be able to answer
- Proceed with care during union negotiations