Are you considering using personality or other screening tests to decide which job applicants to hire? If so, make sure you fully understand what you are doing and how those tests work. There are plenty of companies eager to sell you tests and assessments that they say will take some of the work out of the screening processes. But if those tests aren’t valid and end up screening out members of a protected class, you may be buying more than a test.
- Consider telework's impact on in-Office employees
- Legal drug, legal drug test … and a legal mess for the employer
- 4 steps to get more from high-potential employees
- Don't write a zero-tolerance violence policy unless you plan to apply it every time
- Keep age out of mix when deciding who gets education benefits