Under Section 179, you can currently deduct up to $250,000 of assets placed in service in 2010. But not every business can benefit. You may have to write off assets over the regular depreciation period. Strategy: Time equipment purchases to suit your needs. Usually, you’ll fare better tax-wise by placing assets into service before Oct. 1. But, surprisingly, you might maximize your deductions after the Sept. 30 deadline.
To access the entire library of Free Customizable Downloads, you must first register with your email address.
Registration gets you:
- Free access to 125+ customizable HR Forms
- Free access to job descriptions, interview questions and hiring checklists for 200 positions.
- Free access to 18 special reports on HR and management topics.
- Free weekly email newsletter on HR trends and management
- Special discounts on our upcoming events