If you shrug off your injury record-keeping duties, consider this recent case study: OSHA last month cited a Houston manufacturer with 83 willful violations for “hiding” work-related injuries and illnesses at the company. The proposed fines: $1.2 million.
The agency says the company, Goodman Manufacturing, failed to correctly report 74% of injuries and illnesses over the past two years. Read about your record-keeping responsibilities at www.osha.gov/recordkeeping.
- Altering employee's schedule? Be sure to document your reasons for making the change
- Unionized or not, beware of 'unfair labor practices'
- If EEOC shuns case, worker isn't entitled to free lawyer
- Pay cut? Beware constructive discharge claim
- When it comes to firing offenses, be sure you can show you treated everyone equally