If you shrug off your injury record-keeping duties, consider this recent case study: OSHA last month cited a Houston manufacturer with 83 willful violations for “hiding” work-related injuries and illnesses at the company. The proposed fines: $1.2 million.
The agency says the company, Goodman Manufacturing, failed to correctly report 74% of injuries and illnesses over the past two years. Read about your record-keeping responsibilities at www.osha.gov/recordkeeping.
- HR Groups Rally Around Legislation to Create New Electronic Verification System
- When does 50 not equal 50? FMLA coverage versus FMLA eligibility
- Beware changing recommendation after discrimination claim
- Contract will still stick, even if employee fails to read it
- Stop suits with standard job application process