That’s a good start, but why stop there?
Raising teamwork to the next level doesn’t mean you must hire team-building consultants and send employees on Outward Bound. 1. Campaign against an enemy. People will band together if they see themselves as fighting a formidable adversary, especially if they view themselves as the underdog. Focus a group’s attention on a fierce rival. If you run a small retail chain, build team spirit by calling for your troops to trounce the big national department stores.
2. Publish a “team book.” Ask every employee to prepare a one-page biography. It can include a photo, a list of hobbies, personal interests and family information. Collect their responses and assemble them in a bound volume that you distribute to everyone.
As employees flip through the book, they’ll become better acquainted with their co-workers. They’ll also bond more readily when they learn what they have in common.
A manager oversees people, but a leader molds them into winning teams. Teamwork at Its Best, an exclusive web report from Business Management Daily, gives you the techniques and strategies experts use to motivate teams to succeed. And this success will reflect not just on your team, but on YOU. Get it here...3. Exchange praise. Play the “anonymous praise” game in which everyone lists what he admires about a specific co-worker. Collect the responses and summarize the highlights in a memo to each team member.
This way, employees see a compilation of praise based on what their peers think of them. By keeping it anonymous, the compliments count even more because the messages—not the messengers—stand out.
4. Unclog team communication channels. You want teammates to share ideas, but if they’re scattered in field offices or different floors, they may lack “face time” to update each other. Solution: Use your company’s networking capabilities so that employees can inform each other of new developments. For a low-tech option, designate a centrally located bulletin board as the place for team members to post notices, give progress reports and pose questions.
The strategic blending of common-sense tips and insightful exercises you’ll find in Teamwork at Its Best shows you how to create a teamwork battle plan. This unique resource details the team-building challenges you face every day, and provides specific leadership solutions.
We’ll tackle subjects like:
- Picking the right team members when it’s your choice (and maybe even your neck!). Take our quick 5-question test before you choose – and sidestep a potentially fatal error.
- Taking your team to the next level. We’ll help you unlock the secrets of motivation and arm you with 3 steps to take your team to greater glory. Plus, we provide a bonus tip to use at team meetings.
- Making group decisions quickly. Follow 4 steps to brilliant decision-making … and learn the single best way to reach consensus.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12454/4-ways-to-build-and-bolster-winning-teams "