New parents don’t have to rush back to work at Verizon if they sign up for the telecommunications giant’s “Gradual Return to Work” program after childbirth or an adoption.
Instead, they return to work on a reduced work schedule and maintain full coverage for their health and other benefits.
All employees can get discounts on child care at more than 2,000 centers around the country. The benefit covers full-day, part-day, summer, and before- and after-school care.
In addition, the firm’s’s focus on personal and family issues extends to parenting and child care, as well as adult care.
Contact: Alberto Canal, spokesman, at (908) 559-6367.
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Green M&Ms and other little motivational tools
- Vanquish fear of piping up in public
- Offer voluntary benefits? Keep 'distance' from vendors
- Bankruptcy won't shield you from COBRA claim.
- Don't think a successful workers' comp case lets you off the ADA accommodation hook