Q. Is there any help you can provide on how we should obtain medical information from employees taking?
A. The best place to start is with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), which has published two forms for health care providers to certify the need forleave:
- WH-380-E (for an employee’s own serious health condition)
- WH-380-F (for a family member’s serious health condition).
While these forms are optional, the DOL approves their use, they are available at no cost, they cover all of the permitted information and leave no room for overreaching.
In other words, if you’re not using these forms, you should be. Download the forms at www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-fmla.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Bill would expand FMLA for 'parental bereavement'
- ADA: Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- If an employee's loved one dies, can he use FMLA leave to settle estate affairs?
- Negative comments about FMLA use? Call your lawyer because you will be sued