The Obama administration DOL has already implemented some regulatory changes, and the new study indicates that more changes may be on the way. Earlier this year, the DOL endorsed a broad redefinition of “family” under the, one that includes step-parents and same-sex couples who have child-rearing responsibilities.
The timing of the DOL announcement—relatively late in the year—suggests that any FMLA regulatory changes won’t be rolled out until 2011 at the earliest.
- Fewer employers offering flextime schedules
- Dollars attract summer interns, but experience keeps them
- FMLA in a Nutshell: How to Comply With the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Caution government supervisors: You could be personally liable for FMLA violations
- Your 2010 HR action plan: 10 trends, 10 resolutions