The Obama administration DOL has already implemented some regulatory changes, and the new study indicates that more changes may be on the way. Earlier this year, the DOL endorsed a broad redefinition of “family” under the, one that includes step-parents and same-sex couples who have child-rearing responsibilities.
The timing of the DOL announcement—relatively late in the year—suggests that any FMLA regulatory changes won’t be rolled out until 2011 at the earliest.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Doubt medical certification's accuracy? You're allowed to seek a second opinion
- Do holidays count toward FMLA leave?
- FMLA compliance doesn't rule out enforcing attendance policy
- You may have to agree to part-time schedule after employee returns from FMLA leave