The Obama administration DOL has already implemented some regulatory changes, and the new study indicates that more changes may be on the way. Earlier this year, the DOL endorsed a broad redefinition of “family” under the, one that includes step-parents and same-sex couples who have child-rearing responsibilities.
The timing of the DOL announcement—relatively late in the year—suggests that any FMLA regulatory changes won’t be rolled out until 2011 at the earliest.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Check your FMLA policy: Does it comply with new leave expansions?
- How to develop an employee handbook that avoids liability
- Attempted suicide: Grounds for dismissal or proof of disability?
- Intermittent-Leave Abuse? Double-Check Facts Before You Act