The Obama administration DOL has already implemented some regulatory changes, and the new study indicates that more changes may be on the way. Earlier this year, the DOL endorsed a broad redefinition of “family” under the, one that includes step-parents and same-sex couples who have child-rearing responsibilities.
The timing of the DOL announcement—relatively late in the year—suggests that any FMLA regulatory changes won’t be rolled out until 2011 at the earliest.
- OK to redistribute work as FMLA leave nears
- Employees can sign away past FMLA violations in Pennsylvania
- Check calendar when employee files lawsuit covered by employment agreement
- Don't delay termination notice if you're confident you're right
- What will Congress do for (or to) your business for the rest of 2004?