Ten people to include in your network:
1. The Mentor: This is the person who has reached the level of success you aspire to have. You can learn from her success as well as her mistakes.
2. The Coach: He helps with critical decisions and offers an objective perspective.
3. The Industry Insider: Someone in your chosen field who has expert-level information or access to it. She’s up on “the next big thing.” And she makes a great sounding board for your innovative ideas.
4. The Trendsetter: He may be outside your industry, but he always has the latest buzz on a topic you find interesting. He’ll help you think more creatively and keep your conversations interesting.
5. The Connector: She has access to people, resources and information. As soon as she comes across something related to you, she dashes off an e-mail or picks up the phone.
6. The Idealist: You can dream with this person, or flesh out a plan to make your dream happen—no matter how crazy it is.
7. The Realist: On the flip side, you still need the person who will help you keep it real.
8. The Visionary: He can help you envision an actual plan to reach your goal.
9. The Partner: You need someone who is on a similar path to share wins and woes.
10. The Wannabe: This is someone you mentor. Explaining things to someone else is a surefire way to understand it yourself. And knowing that someone is watching your moves can be a powerful motivator.
— Adapted from “How To Build A Powerful Professional Network,” Tai Goodwin, Forbes.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12423/10-must-haves-for-your-personal-network "