The EEOC has filed suit against Princeton Healthcare System, claiming its leave policies violated the
The complaint also alleges disabled employees who use all of theirare terminated if they can’t return to work.
The EEOC attempted to conciliate the dispute between Princeton Healthcare and more than a dozen employees who were fired after being denied leave as a reasonable accommodation. Those conciliation efforts failed, and now the EEOC has filed suit seeking injunctive relief and damages.
Note: Although a policy that treats everyone the same may seem fair on its face, it often violates the
- Make sure return-to-work requirements are reasonable
- One-Size-Fits-All harassment reporting policies don't really fit all
- Providing additional leave? Employee loses some rights
- Enforce use-it-or-lose-it vacation with a clear policy
- Follow all leads when investigating allegations--even if they take query in new direction