Q. I am a small employer with a group medical plan. If an employee takes an approved unpaid leave of absence, am I required to continue my premium subsidy during the unpaid leave? We have 22 employees and aren’t required to comply with. — W.F., Arizona
A. If you are not covered by the FMLA, no federal law would require you to continue premium subsidies during an employee’s leave. However, you should also check the applicable state law on this issue.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to prepare your workplace for a possible flu pandemic
- After FMLA, OK to reassign worker who can't do old job
- 4 ways to bring domestic violence out of the workplace shadows
- Battle of the benefits: PTO bank may calm parent vs. nonparent tension