1. New U.S. Department of Labor rules say which groups can take-protected leave from work for child care?
a. Employees at companies with fewer than 50 workers
b. Employees who care for a domestic partner’s child
c. Employees who’ve been on the job at a company more than six months
2. One-fourth of U.S. workers say their job is a major source of happiness in their lives. Which group had the highest level of job satisfaction?
a. Early career (age 18-34)
b. Mid/late career (age 45-54)
c. Late career (age 54 and older)
3. A new Association of Certified Fraud Examiners study says the typical internal corporate fraudster is:
a. Male, age 36 to 45, college degree, with the company one to five years
b. Male, age 18 to 35, high school degree, with company less than one year
c. Female, age 18 to 35, college degree, with company five to nine years
4. The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) announced last month that it is increasing enforcement of federal contractors’ obligations related to:
a. Minority hiring
b. FICA tax payments
c. Employment of disabled people
5. In the summer of 2009, 32% of U.S. workers believed they’d be getting a pay raise during the next 12 months. What percentage today think they’ll get a raise in the next 12 months?
a. 27% b. 33% c. 43%
6. In which metro area are employers dishing out the highest average employee pay increase in 2010?
a. Washington, D.C.
b. San Jose, Calif.
Sources: 1. U.S. Department of Labor; 2. Health Companies Intl. survey; 3. Association of Certified Fraud Examiners; 4. OFCCP notice of proposed rule; 5. Glassdoor.com survey; 6. WorldatWork Salary Budget Survey
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. a 4. c 5. c 6. b
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12342/the-hr-iq-test-september-10 "