If you’re still not exactly sure what’s in the massive new health reform law signed into law in March, you’re not alone. A Harris Interactive survey gave 2,100 adults a list of 18 reform items and asked people to identify which were actually included in the new law, and which were not. Only four items were correctly identified by the majority of respondents.
“When you try to build on a fiendishly complicated system, you have fiendishly complicated reforms,” said Humphrey Taylor, chairman of the Harris Poll.
Read our HR Specialist synopsis of the reforms and print out a compliance calendar at www.theHRSpecialist.com/healthlaw.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Tell managers and supervisors: Absolutely no comments on pregnancy, parenthood allowed
- Counter retaliation claims by accurately documenting every employee complaint
- Consider hidden costs before cutting retiree benefits
- Fire if necessary: Complaining about bias doesn't earn free pass to terrorize co-workers