If you’re still not exactly sure what’s in the massive new health reform law signed into law in March, you’re not alone. A Harris Interactive survey gave 2,100 adults a list of 18 reform items and asked people to identify which were actually included in the new law, and which were not. Only four items were correctly identified by the majority of respondents.
“When you try to build on a fiendishly complicated system, you have fiendishly complicated reforms,” said Humphrey Taylor, chairman of the Harris Poll.
Read our HR Specialist synopsis of the reforms and print out a compliance calendar at www.theHRSpecialist.com/healthlaw.
- When employee claims co-worker harassment, investigate promptly, act reasonably
- Don't overlook fresh evidence that the employee you fired deserved to go
- N.J. Supreme Court backs e-mail privacy on company PCs
- No more hide-and-seek: new duty to retain electronic data
- Variable pay strategy: Teach workers to 'manage the boss'