During the first half of 2010, only 3.7% of job-seekers opted to start their own businesses. That’s down from 7.6% in the first half of 2009 and is the lowest percentage on record, says Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
Main reason: “Would-be entrepreneurs were either scooped up by employers or scared off by fragile economic conditions.”
- Can we compel a former employee to update LinkedIn to show she no longer works here?
- Religion, workplace safety tangled up at Le Center bakery
- Will 'Bullying Victim' Become The Next Protected Category?
- The most affordable recognition: A pat on the back from the boss goes a long way
- Mary Kay: putting on a happy face