During the first half of 2010, only 3.7% of job-seekers opted to start their own businesses. That’s down from 7.6% in the first half of 2009 and is the lowest percentage on record, says Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
Main reason: “Would-be entrepreneurs were either scooped up by employers or scared off by fragile economic conditions.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Automate applications to end failure-to-promote claims
- Overly sensitive employee or bully boss? Trust instincts to determine who's right
- Employee failed to tell us about the unsafe condition that led to her injury--can we discipline?
- Immediate harassment danger? Protect victims