A new way to measure available workers may have been created accidentally in Tampa.
In what may become the hot dog index, a job fair for construction workers turned out to be so popular that the organizers had to rush out to buy many more hot dogs after job-seekers quickly wolfed down the 2,000 originally purchased for the event.
The job fair was designed to identify applicants to work with ZMG Construction of Longwood, which is hiring workers for Encore, a $458 million urban renewal project near downtown Tampa. Organizers say 4,700 applicants showed up.
- Beauty Smart settles after rejecting non-Korean applicant
- No kid gloves needed: Discipline OK after employee complains
- Best of the Worst: Applicants Learn New Ways to Self-Destruct
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- Persistence has XM Radio beaming