It happens. Some working relationships between bosses and their direct reports are so toxic that employees suffer psychological problems. Sometimes the tension is so bad that employees believe they’re disabled and therefore entitled to transfer to another job under another supervisor. That isn’t the case.
- 'Sweeping' changes in store for HR & employers
- When disciplining employees, pick one reason and stick with it
- Tell supervisors: Brief contact is OK, but never badger employee out on FMLA leave
- Retaliation nation: Manage adverse actions to lessen retaliation
- Sued? Consider impact of treating co-workers poorly