An OfficeTeam survey of 500 HR professionals asked how often their organizations conduct formal performance appraisals of employees. The responses:
Once a year: 60%
Twice a year: 12%
As necessary: 18%
Reviews aren’t a waste of time, said the respondents. A full 40% said they’re “very effective” in improving, while 51% said reviews were at least “somewhat effective.”
- Try your best, but don't worry that honest mistakes will cost you a lawsuit
- Understand the ADA basics: Diagnosis not always equal to disability
- Employees' kids in the workplace: To ban or not?
- Don't ignore lawsuit! It won't go away
- Employee thinks he has you over a barrel? If it sounds like extortion, fire him!