When hiring people who tout themselves as Microsoft Word “experts,” here’s a way to see if they really know how to use the software: Ask them to send the résumé in Word format, then simply click the Show/Hide button.
It can reveal telltale signs of rookie moves: repeated spaces (where there should be tabs or indents), hard line breaks (instead of automatic wrapping) and a faux header instead of a real one.
See an example at the “Office Tech Pro” blog.
- Reduce company's risk <br/> of hiring 'risky' applicants
- Are we liable for wages we didn't pay while employee was waiting for drug test results?
- Lead from the back of the boat
- Fire employee who has filed complaint … if you're prepared to address retaliation
- Family Dollar: 1 win, 1 loss in overtime litigation