When hiring people who tout themselves as Microsoft Word “experts,” here’s a way to see if they really know how to use the software: Ask them to send the résumé in Word format, then simply click the Show/Hide button.
It can reveal telltale signs of rookie moves: repeated spaces (where there should be tabs or indents), hard line breaks (instead of automatic wrapping) and a faux header instead of a real one.
See an example at the “Office Tech Pro” blog.
- You sometimes can boost benefits during union election
- TSA's new recruiting strategy: pepperoni, mushrooms
- Review duties, update job descriptions yearly to ensure employees are properly classified
- Hiring employees through visa programs? Make sure you consider both sexes
- Clear your head before making big decisions