“If HR stays on the transaction side, we’ll be out of business in 10 years,” said Conrad Venter, global head of HR at Deutsche Bank. “Business leaders will say.… ‘Where’s the value?’” and choose to outsource those transactional duties.
Instead, the most valuable HR professionals in coming years will be those who have an understanding of the business strategy and can contribute to it. “If you work in business, you have to be a businessperson first with a specialty in HR,” said Venter. “You need to speak the lingo of your business.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Learn from the best: 5 retention tips from top companies
- Avoid ADA 'regarded-as' problems: Don't mark 'disabled' on files
- Tell supervisors: You can't just make up your own performance appraisal standards
- Whistle-Blower claims can be forced into arbitration