“If HR stays on the transaction side, we’ll be out of business in 10 years,” said Conrad Venter, global head of HR at Deutsche Bank. “Business leaders will say.… ‘Where’s the value?’” and choose to outsource those transactional duties.
Instead, the most valuable HR professionals in coming years will be those who have an understanding of the business strategy and can contribute to it. “If you work in business, you have to be a businessperson first with a specialty in HR,” said Venter. “You need to speak the lingo of your business.”
- DHS Issues 'Final' No-Match Letter Rule, While Critics Vow to Continue Opposition
- Can we terminate worker to keep domestic violence from spilling over into our workplace?
- Issues to consider before monitoring e-mail
- 'He said, she said': Train staff in conflict resolution
- Calculate complaint-Filing timing in EEOC and PHRC discrimination case