If you’re the sole owner of an S corporation, you call the shots. So you can set the salary figures for all employees, including yourself, as long as you stay within the law’s boundaries. Strategy: Keep your annual salary on the low side. At year’s end, you can pay yourself dividends out of profits. Why would you skimp on your own salary? You avoid employment taxes on cash distributions from your company.
To access the entire library of Free Customizable Downloads, you must first register with your email address.
Registration gets you:
- Free access to 125+ customizable HR Forms
- Free access to job descriptions, interview questions and hiring checklists for 200 positions.
- Free access to 18 special reports on HR and management topics.
- Free weekly email newsletter on HR trends and management
- Special discounts on our upcoming events