Note: If you operate on a fiscal-year schedule for tax purposes, rather than the usual calendar-year schedule, your due dates for each quarter will line up differently. Using the 2011 calendar, here’s how you should calculate your deadlines:
Personal tax deadlines
- Annual tax returns. Your personal tax return (Form 1040) is due on the 15th day of the fourth month following the close of your tax year.
- Estimated tax payments. The first three quarterly installments of estimated tax (Form 1040-ES) are due on the 15th day of the fourth, sixth and ninth months of your tax year. The fourth and final installment is due on the 15th day of the first month following the close of your tax year.
Note: The usual April 15 deadline is postponed to April 16 in 2011 because of the Emancipation Day holiday in Washin...(register to read more)
- Fire insubordinate worker, despite complaint
- Independent contractor or employee? How to make the call
- Beware discipline after return from FMLA leave
- How should we respond to a subpoena for one of our employees' personnel records?
- After poor-performing worker complains about e-mail, should we follow through on plans to fire?