1. HR professionals believe that “relationship with immediate supervisor” is employees’ No. 1 driver of job satisfaction. Employees disagree. What do they say is the top aspect of their job satisfaction?
c. Job security
2. Five years ago, 77% percent of U.S. employees said they were satisfied (either “somewhat” or “very”) with their jobs. How has that changed today?
a. Less satisfied today (71%)
b. More satisfied today (84%)
c. The same
3. Two years ago, 39% of U.S. workers said they’ve received effective education about their. What is that percentage today?
b. same, 39%
4. The U.S. Department of Justice plans to issue regulations this year requiring corporate web sites to:
a. List all job openings on a “careers” page
b. List the demographic makeup of their workforces
c. Be accessible to people with disabilities
5. A Gallup poll shows that male employees prefer to have male bosses. The survey said female employees prefer to have:
a. Female bosses
b. Male bosses
c. No difference
6. Hiring managers remove what percentage of candidates from consideration after speaking with their references?
Sources: 1. SHRM 2. SHRM 3.
Answers: 1. c 2. b 3. a 4. c 5. b 6. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- New OT rules: countdown to compliance
- Develop, implement and publicize policies that encourage employees to report harassment
- Consider ADA, discrimination, validity issues when using personality tests
- Be prepared to justify newcomer's higher pay