Marie’s Answer: You’re being held hostage by your own conscientiousness. Over the years, extreme attention to detail has paid off for you, so now it feels scary to let anything go. Here are a few points to consider:
- In reality, all this extra “polishing” may no longer add much value. Ask yourself whether the additional hour of tinkering with an established lesson plan really makes it that much better.
- Your overpreparation may actually have an anxiety-reducing function. Constantly revising and reviewing and rehearsing may help you feel more prepared for the unexpected. But after 20 years, how many surprises can there be?
With Control the Chaos, you’ll find proven, practical techniques that let you leave work every day – on time! – with a feeling of accomplishment and confidence. And you’ll actually improve your reputation with upper management despite working fewer hours! Master these techniques...
- Breaking this habit will require a strong commitment to self-management. When that nagging inner voice tells you to redo another handout, give yourself permission to say no. Then turn your attention to something else.
- To explore your artsy inclinations, schedule specific times for creative activities. Put them on your calendar, view them as a serious obligation, and do not blow them off at the last minute. Otherwise, you will just keep revising class materials until the day you retire.
You’re already working as hard as you can. Control the Chaos will help you work smarter with dozens of easy-to-use strategies to help you:
Get your copy today!
- Speed through today’s – and every day’s – to-do list
- Organize your day to carve out more personal time
- Boost teamwork without spending money
- Learn secrets for NEVER missing deadlines or details
- Use mental training techniques to stay in top form
- Handle this morning’s e-mails and voice mails in less than 10 minutes
- Discover how to say “no” and still delight your boss
- Delegate more effectively to improve your own job performance
- Use creative thinking to put out fires faster and easier
- Keep difficult colleagues from sabotaging your priorities
- Recruit allies throughout your organization to help YOU
- … and much, more more!
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/12006/striking-a-worklife-balance "