Proofreading alert! According to search engines Google and Yahoo, the most common misspellings in searches are not due to the difficulty of the word, but rather to sloppiness. Example: “Facebok” instead of “Facebook.” Google estimates that between 10% and 20% of queries contain a misspelling.
Make restaurant reservations in a fraction of the time, now that Yelp.com and OpenTable.com have integrated their web sites. You can read the valuable user reviews on Yelp, and then click to make a reservation, rather than jumping between web sites. The new feature will cover about 11,000 restaurants.
Reduce ink use and save money by changing your default e-mail font to Century Gothic, which requires 30% less ink than Arial. Ink accounts for about 60% of the cost of a printed page, according to the University of Wisconsin Green Bay’s IT department.
Create your own mentor with an input board, says a recent tip on the Harvard Business Rev...(register to read more)
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Here's more reason to stick to the facts when providing employee references
- 12 manager mistakes that spark lawsuits
- Firing a boss who's racially insensitive? You can cite 'poor performance' as reason
- Understanding Minnesota's personnel record requirements gives you a leg up during litigation