Expect the presidential election outcome to produce a small economic boost in certain industries, according to a new survey by outplacement consulting firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas. Result: 57 percent said their hiring and recruiting plans will stay the same regardless of a Bush or Kerry victory; 43 percent said the results could alter their hiring plans. A Bush re-election could positively impact the automotive, financial services, timber, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries. A Kerry win could benefit health care, education, government, home building and insurance sectors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Public employers, take note: Appeals court rules on firefighter/Paramedic exemption
- Problem Solved: Real People … Real Business Solutions, June '09
- Don't pile on reasons for firing; you're spoiling for retaliation fight in court
- OSHA inspector's drive-by results in six-figure fine