Expect the presidential election outcome to produce a small economic boost in certain industries, according to a new survey by outplacement consulting firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas. Result: 57 percent said their hiring and recruiting plans will stay the same regardless of a Bush or Kerry victory; 43 percent said the results could alter their hiring plans. A Bush re-election could positively impact the automotive, financial services, timber, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries. A Kerry win could benefit health care, education, government, home building and insurance sectors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Pen a better work-from-home policy
- Employees destroyed evidence? You can use it against them
- Committee choosing employees for promotion? Insist on complete record of selection factors
- Don't rewrite job description in middle of hiring process