Expect the presidential election outcome to produce a small economic boost in certain industries, according to a new survey by outplacement consulting firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas. Result: 57 percent said their hiring and recruiting plans will stay the same regardless of a Bush or Kerry victory; 43 percent said the results could alter their hiring plans. A Bush re-election could positively impact the automotive, financial services, timber, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries. A Kerry win could benefit health care, education, government, home building and insurance sectors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HIRE Act tax breaks: Verify eligibility for newly hired employees
- Combat co-worker harassment with effective policy, prompt action
- Follow basic rules for job descriptions, interviews to avoid hiring bias
- Rule No. 1 for evaluations: The employer—not the employee—sets the standards