The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is stepping up efforts to encourage and support certain types of wage-loss claims by low-income workers. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis announced in April that the department was rolling out its “We Can Help” campaign to address this issue. If you employ relatively low-wage workers, you need to be aware of this program.
- RIF might affect employees serving in military? Don't hold missed training against them
- How much cooperation must we give to a state discrimination investigation?
- Fire complainers within hours? That's retaliation
- How to deal with a lying boss: don't
- Does workers' comp cover injuries an employee suffers at a work-related social event?