Administrative professionals could be a secret weapon in helping companies bounce back from the recession.
New research by OfficeTeam and the International Association of Administrative Professionals shows administrative professionals are moving beyond their traditional roles to take on responsibilities in areas such as cost control, technology and the use of social media, hiring and corporate social responsibility:
- 50% of managers say support staff play a role in helping their firms reduce spending.
- 32% have turned to administrative personnel for help with technology.
- 63% of administrative professionals have assisted in hiring other support staff at their firms.
- 83% say they’ve taken courses in accounting, budgeting, purchasing and negotiation when offered.
- 94% reported that these classes have helped them be more cost-effective at work.
“Managers may be overlooking a valuable resource if they aren’t tapping support staff to take on new projects,” says OfficeTeam executive director Robert Hosking. And, he adds, “Administrative professionals must also proactively increase their workplace involvement. Doing so can boost their visibility and help them advance their careers.”
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/11889/you-the-secret-workplace-weapon "