Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- ADA alert: Define essential job functions before anyone requests reasonable accommodations
- Termination reasons needn't be long laundry list
- Don't bury disabled with work while letting others slide
- Do you give different leave to working moms and dads?