Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Accommodating hearing-Impaired employees, applicants
- Don't grant unlimited leave as ADA accommodation
- Consider uniform, ADEA-compliant severance and rights-waiver releases--even if age isn't factor
- Evacuation plan? New guide helps you avoid ADA complaints