Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- Before reorganization, draw up a staff contingency plan
- Record of support for pregnant women, working moms helps win discrimination cases
- On the other hand, sometimes quick termination works, too
- Know Minnesota's disability law: State statute has lower threshold than federal ADA
- Track discipline for equitable punishment