Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Denial of lateral transfer isn't an 'Adverse job action'
- How to provide religious accommodations in NC workplaces
- Learn hotel's lesson: Don't require English at all times
- Keep an open mind in investigations; juries will punish 'kangaroo courts'