Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Kroger sued over manager's treatment of disabled worker
- It's an emergency! Can we fire worker whose volunteer firefighting duties cause absences?
- EEOC files its first case alleging transgender bias
- Beware! Your 'neutral' rule may invite lawsuit