Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- Ledbetter Fair Pay Act may apply to pending cases, too
- Foreign-born worker sues? Know difference between national origin and immigration status
- Restaurant fires pregnant waitress for baby's safety
- Hunch about societal racism isn't enough to make bias case
- Employee using medical marijuana? Firing won't be a violation of the ADA