Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- Warn bosses: No 'association discrimination'
- Boss keeping an eye on underperformer? Make sure he's not being unfairly singled out
- OK'ing medical leave won't equal acceptance of disability
- Look beyond employee's VA disability status to determine if he's disabled under ADA or state law
- Accommodate workers' eating needs when it's medically necessary