Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- Any ethnic stereotype, even a positive one, can trigger a job discrimination lawsuit
- EEOC wins access to Quantum's hiring documents
- Cull interview lists to ensure you include the most-qualified candidates
- 'Ministerial exception' applies to music director
- Use consistent hiring, firing processes to knock down age discrimination claims