Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- Beware relying on arbitration agreements: They're California courts' pet peeves
- Use moonlighting, confidentiality policies to discourage outside work
- Dismissed criminal charge doesn't require reinstatement
- Can telecommuters file lawsuits in their home state?
- When accommodating pregnant employee, make sure measures truly relate to pregnancy