Three cures for long meetings:
- Projecting the image of a 4-foot-tall timer on the wall, which tracks the time left for each agenda item (Google).
- Holding a standing meeting in a room with no chairs.
- Asking everyone to check their handheld devices and laptops at the door, so the agenda is everyone’s singular focus (design firm Adaptive Path).
— Adapted from “Work Smart: Unconventional Cures for Meetingitis,” Gina Trapani, Fast Company.
- Easy come, easy go: Political appointees have little room to blame firings on bias
- Philly firm bans Muslim scarf, earns religious bias lawsuit
- When religion causes a problem—or three—show why accommodating is a hardship
- Diapers and spankings: equal opportunity humiliation or sexual harassment?
- Dillard's faces age bias charges after firing in Cary