Low morale can easily creep into a department without supervisors realizing it. But once it’s there, it’s hard to root out.
Check every day to make sure people stay in tune. Here are 10 sour notes to listen for, according to the new book,When the Heat’s On:
1. Uncooperative attitudes. These are easily detected, even if you can’t immediately tell what’s wrong.
2. Lack of enthusiasm. If they’re bored, they’re not sold on the mission.
3. Absence of commitment. If the leaders don’t believe in it, do you think employees will? Show employees that you’re committed to the team and the mission.
4. Fault-finding. People can find fault in anything, but when they do work they believe in with co-workers they trust, it rarely happens.
5. Increasing complaints. Don’t shrug off any complaints. Nip them before they become a trend … or an epidemic.
6. Growing tardiness and These are grounds for disciplinary action, bu... .(register to read more)