But these days, everyone is expected to do more with less, and many companies, government agencies and nonprofits have saved money by keeping design jobs in-house.
We want to design effectively so the reader will actually read what we are creating, but we don’t have time to learn an entirely new software package.
And why should you? You already have a design program at your fingertips — Microsoft Word. That's right, you can use Word to create eye-catching, professional-looking designs that get your documents noticed. Learn how...MS Word trainer Lori Fields shares these 4 useful tips on how to re-create the designs of professionals using Word:
1. Clone a look you like by using the format painter (the paintbrush tool). Click on the text you like, then double-click the little paintbrush in your toolbar. Now anything your cursor touches will convert to that style. Single-click the paintbrush icon to turn it off.
2. Manipulate pictures by clicking on them, then using the picture toolbar that appears. Compress, crop and resize without taking a picture back into Photoshop.
There's no need to spend money on a professional designer or a special design program. Word has the power to turn boring documents into eye-catching masterpieces. Click here to start creating exciting designs with the tools you already have...
3. Give clip art a clear background by using the set transparent color tool (looks like a pen with an arrow at the end of it). Click on the tool, then click on the area you don't want to see. Text can now wrap around the clip-art image.
4. Increase text size by hitting Control [; shrink it by hitting Control ]. You'll see quickly how text will look without going to the font size menu.
Note: These tips will work with any version of Word, except for compressing images, which works only with Word 2002 and 2003.
These 4 tips are just the beginning of what Lori has to teach you... Get the Executive Summary of her webinar for step-by-step instruction on how to create custom designs in Word. You’ll be able to re-create the work of professionals with software you already have and use.
Using the Power of Word to Design Like a Pro also brings you shortcuts that will help you work faster – plus rules that will make your documents “friendlier.” And the easier your document is to read, the more likely your readers will respond the way you want them to! Get your copy today!
- Three important secrets to making design tools work in Word
- The key to looking at design with a more critical eye
- Six specific looks you can “steal” from the pros
- Tips for matching your design’s “image” and “mood” to your audience
- Three mistakes that make your documents look amateurish
- And much more!