1. Beginning next year, which costs will no longer be eligible for flexible spending account (FSA) expenses?
a. Visits to the emergency room
b. Second-opinion doctor visits
c. Over-the-counter medications
2. OSHA announced in April that it will increase its use of the “general duty clause” to fine employers for violations that cause what kind of injuries:
a. Musculoskeletal ergonomic injuries
b. Weather-exposure injuries
c. Slip-and-fall injuries
3. Starting Oct. 1, young adults will be able to stay on their parent’s employer-based health care plan up until:
a. Age 24
b. Age 26
c. They secure full-time employment
4. The new HIRE Act offers tax breaks to employers that hire qualifying people who:
a. Are over age 50
b. Are in a protected class
c. Were recently unemployed
5. More than half of workers (54%) with smart phones say they check their phones while driving. What percentage say they check their phones while in the bathroom?
c. 22%Sources: 1. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA); 2. OSHA; 3. PPACA; 4. HIRE Act; 5. CareerBuilder
Answers: 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Feel free to expand candidate search even if your policy favors hiring from within
- Fired for gun in trunk: Can employee sue?
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- Don't set weekend deadline for appealing benefits denial