As we told you last month, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and many state agencies are cracking down on employers that illegally fail to pay their interns.
Interns must be paid at least the minimum wage unless the program meets six learner/trainee criteria.
Now the DOL has published “Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act” that helps clarify employers’ obligations. Read more and find a link to the fact sheet at www.theHRSpecialist.com/intern.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Payroll records: Timekeeping for exempt, nonexempt workers
- 401(k) rollovers lose billions due to conflicts of interest
- Nonrenewal of Contract After Whistle-Blowing May Be Illegal
- Understanding How The ADAAA And The New EEOC Regulations Have Changed The ADA