The EEOC has filed suit against RJB Properties Inc., of Orland Park, charging that the company discriminated against Hispanic employees because of their national origin, sexually harassed a male employee, and retaliated against employees who objected to the discrimination against Latino employees.
RJB provides facilitiesand janitorial services.
According to the complaint, 14 employees who worked as janitors or supervisors claim company managers harassed them. Two of the plaintiffs are managers themselves, who claim they suffered retaliation when they refused to fire some of the Hispanic employees.
Attempts by the EEOC to resolve the dispute were fruitless, and the commission filed suit in federal court on behalf of the workers.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Law requires drug and alcohol tests for contract van drivers of rail crews
- PowerPoint advanced: Solving Slide Master mysteries
- 8 lessons you can learn from the fed's top agencies
- Conducting background checks that comply with the FCRA