Last month, California software firm Hyperion began offering its employees $5,000 toward the purchase of gas/electric hybrid vehicles, such as the Toyota Prius or Honda Insight. The 1,500-employee company budgeted $1 million in 2005 for the program. The IRS already offers a federal tax deduction of up to $2,000 to hybrid buyers.
- Resist the temptation to misclassify employees as contractors
- Calculating overtime when the workweek doesn't correspond to pay periods
- Give away life insurance? It's not crazy; it's a great tax move
- 8 lessons you can learn from the fed's top agencies
- Health Savings Accounts: Don't miss this one-time break