If you often think to yourself at work, “Whoa, I didn’t see that one coming,” then it’s time to take steps to stay in the loop and learn about things in advance. Tips from Careerealism.com:
1. Maintain a strong relationship with your boss. Ask questions and be alert for signals.
2. Expand your “coverage” within the company by having lunch occasionally with colleagues.
3. Set up a “Google Alert” for your company name. You can have those alerts routed to your e-mail box.
4. Stay in touch with people who have left the company.
5. Read all information published by your company—newsletters, annual reports and press releases.
6. Be alert when “outsiders” visit the company, particularly if they spend time with theteam.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/11681/6-ways-to-stay-in-the-loop "
- Does your organization need insurance against employee lawsuits?
- It's not just doctor's FMLA call anymore: Court allows worker's say on health condition
- Strike 3 for bill banning applicant credit checks?
- Walmart must defend against largest wage-and-hour class action in U.S. history
- Secrets of a mentor to future CEOs