A bill before the Legislature proposes to abolish the state’s paidand deposit funds now kept in the state’s Family Temporary Disability Leave Account into the unemployment compensation insurance fund.
New Jersey is one of the few states offering paid family leave. The state’s unemployment fund is insolvent, and this bill, A02376, comes on the heels of a series of proposals from Gov. Chris Christie to bring the fund back into balance.
Earlier this year, Christie proposed slowing unemployment tax increases and phasing them in over a longer period.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Must We Give Time Off for 'Witness Duty'?
- Follow all leads when investigating allegations--even if they take query in new direction
- Track all discipline so you can show harsh punishment wasn't retaliation
- Is employee disabled or not? How to make the ADA call