There’s a flood of employment law litigation sweeping the nation. Blame the recession. Employment-related cases are clogging court dockets at the state and federal levels. The EEOC is fielding more and more employment discrimination claims. Facing these realities, alternative dispute resolution is becoming increasingly popular as parties look for more efficient, less expensive conflict-resolution mechanisms. Arbitration is the type of alternative dispute resolution that’s attracting the most attention.
- Now hear this: You'll pay for firing worker out on health leave
- When employee files nonsense lawsuit, leave the legal maneuvering to your attorney
- When racially charged symbols appear, remove them ASAP and punish culprits
- Beware too much control over contractor! You could be liable for unemployment comp
- Beware firing after employee files workers' comp claim