Inspiring leader … Quiet problem-solver … Compassionate mentor.
Different employees crave different things from their managers.
For example, some employees want a hands-on boss who stops by with a “How are things going?” every couple of hours. Others don’t care to see their boss but once a year at the.
Unless you’re a mind reader, it’s impossible to know exactly what your staff wants from you. But a survey of 500 U.S. employees—published in the book, What People Want, by Terry Bacon—reveals what matters most to workers.
9 things they crave
1. Honesty. 90% say they want honesty and integrity from their manager. Lies and secrets are the biggest killers to credibility.
2. Fairness. 89% want their manager to be fair and to hold all employees accountable to the same standards.
3. Trust. More than 86% want to trust—and be trusted by—their manager.
4. Respect. 84% want to respect—and be respected by—their manag...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 8 steps to becoming the manager your employees need
- Raceway Petroleum to pay $4 million in back wages
- Don't be an FMLA mind reader; demand notice
- Investigating Harassment: How to Determine Credibility