The IRS last month published the forms employers need to claimbreaks offered under the new HIRE Act. The law eliminates employers’ 6.2% Social Security tax on wages paid to certain newly hired people who had been previously unemployed. Employers must obtain a statement from eligible new hires certifying that they qualify.
The forms include a new Form W-11 (HIRE Act Employee Affidavit) and a revised Form 941 (Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return). Find links to the forms plus details about the new tax breaks at www.theHRSpecialist.com/hireact.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Key to Dell's success: no unnecessary steps
- Shield your best people from recruiters' clutches
- Capital gains rates: In the eye of the holder?
- Who is the harasser? Supervisor or co-Worker status matters