Q. We provide unpaid leave to employees who are called up to serve in the armed forces, in accordance with the terms and conditions the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). May we require employees to concurrently exhaust any earned but unused vacation that they may have accumulated?
A. No. USERRA allows an employee to use earned vacation while absent for service, but only at the employee’s request.
Unlike the, USERRA does not permit employers to require employees to use their earned vacation during .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Remind managers and supervisors: No comments about pregnancy, family planning
- Make sure your accommodations are on par with Casey Martin ruling
- Be a driver, not a passenger, during times of change
- Alleged rape in Iraq leads to $2.9 million settlement—for now