Q. We provide unpaid leave to employees who are called up to serve in the armed forces, in accordance with the terms and conditions the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). May we require employees to concurrently exhaust any earned but unused vacation that they may have accumulated?
A. No. USERRA allows an employee to use earned vacation while absent for service, but only at the employee’s request.
Unlike the, USERRA does not permit employers to require employees to use their earned vacation during .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't get even: The rules, risks of post-employment retaliation
- Is there an FLSA violation hiding in your company handbook?
- Track employee input on ADA accommodations
- Get ready for more changes as the DOL launches a study of how employees use the FMLA