Q. We provide unpaid leave to employees who are called up to serve in the armed forces, in accordance with the terms and conditions the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). May we require employees to concurrently exhaust any earned but unused vacation that they may have accumulated?
A. No. USERRA allows an employee to use earned vacation while absent for service, but only at the employee’s request.
Unlike the, USERRA does not permit employers to require employees to use their earned vacation during .
- 4 employment law lessons from the courts
- Stay out of court by giving copies of arbitration agreements to employees
- What are some resources for classifying employees and independent contractors?
- Study: Female directors not paid equally at western Pa. nonprofits
- Get tough on horseplay, banter; courts will