Q. We provide unpaid leave to employees who are called up to serve in the armed forces, in accordance with the terms and conditions the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). May we require employees to concurrently exhaust any earned but unused vacation that they may have accumulated?
A. No. USERRA allows an employee to use earned vacation while absent for service, but only at the employee’s request.
Unlike the, USERRA does not permit employers to require employees to use their earned vacation during .
- Poor economy, new legal peril: Refusing to hire the unemployed
- Can we do anything about employees discussing pay with one another?
- New FMLA regulations clarify definitions, improve certification rules
- Good records are key to winning retaliation lawsuits
- BP to pay $92,000 for 2005 accident that killed 15